Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Week 26 Reading

   Over spring break I read the book "Between Shades of Grey" By Ruta Spetys.
   First of all, just a couple of weeks ago I read Ruta Spetys' other novel called "Out of the Easy," and both are really good books that I recommend for everyone. I don't know which one I like more, because Between Shades of Grey has a better story, but Out of the Easy is told in a better way (in my opinion). Between Shades of Grey is a book about a girl named Lina who lives in Lithuania in 1942 with her family. The book starts when they are taken from their home in the middle of the night by Soviet soldiers. After a long train ride, they are taken to Siberia (in Russia) which is in the Arctic Circle to work camps and have to survive in the horrible conditions.
   This did actually happen, where during WWII the Soviet Union captured certain people and took them to work camps much like the Germans were doing in Europe. This is an amazing story and is told really well, so I think everyone should give this book a try. It is intelligent yet easy to read, and is about 300 pages long.
   Again, everyone should consider reading one of the two books Ruta Spetys has written!

No comments:

Post a Comment