Sunday, April 13, 2014

Week 27 Reading

    This week I read "Because of Mr. Terupt" by Robert Buyea
    This was a sweet and easy read that was written in a way that wasn't extremely appealing to me. The plot is basically about seven kids in a school that is called Snow Hill are all very different each covering the main categorizations for children in the modern day. It is told from all of their perspectives (switching off between them) and they simply talk about the things that happen throughout the school year. They all have imperfections and types of 'enemies' in their class, but slowly everyone evolves into something different than they were. The only class that is mentioned throughout the book is the class that Mr. Terupt teaches. He is a new teacher at Snow Hill school, but manages to connect with each of his students, which makes everyone connect.
    This is a book with every good character development and characters, but I didn't really like the writing style. It didn't have much meaning (which you can expect if it was being told by figurative kids), and the author didn't set the scenes at all which didn't appeal to me very well.
     All I am trying to say is that it has good characters and is easy to talk about with others, but the writing style did not fit the criteria for what I like in a book.  

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book but I agree that some people may not like the writing style. I thought that it was amazing though. You all should read it!!!

    ReplyDelete