Sunday, November 3, 2013

Week 10 Reading

                 "Golden Boy" by Tara Sullivan
      This week I read the second half of Golden Boy, and it is a very fun, scary, and well-written book. Habo is an albino Boy living with his family in Tanzania, and no one knows why he is white. some think he is a demon, others think he is the child of one of the tourist that come on Safaris. His family is forced to leave their village and travel to Mwanza where his mother's sister lives. When the are in Mwanza, after a turn of events, Habo is forced to travel alone across the country.
      The reading level isn't that high, but it is a relatively long book, almost getting to 350 pages. this could be a one week book, but if you read my earlier post, my life wants to be crazy so it took me two weeks. I would recommend this for people that like survival adventure books, and if you like to read about things that happen in real life.
       Next week I will read "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas"
 

5 comments:

  1. Let me first say the boy in the striped pajamas is the one of two books that have made me cry. The other one was see you at harry's . This book sounds really good, it is on my TBR list. Come see me on tuesday and I can show you how to change your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really cool! A demon seems like a bit of an exaggeration but you can't blame 'em

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good, but kind of similar to some other things I've read, which may mean that I'll really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds cool! I really recommend the boy in the striped pjs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was an excellent book, and that was a very fitting description.

    ReplyDelete