Monday, November 11, 2013

Week 11 Reading

          "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" by John Boyne.
          First of all, I have wanted to read this book for so many years, I heard about it when I was in John's Class, and I only now got around to reading it. Nine-year-old Bruno is a German Boy who lived in Berlin, but one day came home from school and saw all of his things were getting packed up by the house maid, even the things that weren't anyone else's business. His father was high-ranked in the German Government during WWII, and has to be moved to a horrible three-story house on the countryside. At the New house, Bruno could not stop looking through his window, at a large fence with many people in striped pajamas working, living, and crying.
          This is a very good book, and the writing style is interesting and perfect for the story. It is quite a quick read, shorter than most of the books we are reading this year, but is stilla memorable novel that everyone should read.
          Next week I am read "The Pact." 

4 comments:

  1. This is a really good but sad book and I recommend it for everybody

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book has been on my TBR all year. Thanks for the review and I'm looking forward to reading it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is SO sad. I hate the ending but it's realistic too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, I wonder why I didn't like it. Everyone else seems to love it.

    ReplyDelete