Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week Three Book Reading

See You at Harry's, By Jo Knowles

              I cant really explain what kind of genera this book is, but it is basically drama. It is 320 pages long, and most people can read it fairly easily because though it is not a adventure book, I found that I could not put it down. like everyone else who has read it- it made me cry. It is about a girl named Fern in a small town who feels that no one notices her, and her dad is always trying to get more business for their family-owned ice cream store. I loved this book and I'm sure almost everyone that reads it will like it. the writing style is very captivating, I've also always liked books that make you feel emotion (Of Mice and Men, The Clockwork Three) and this book makes you feel so much it's heartbreaking.
        
             This Week I will read Forgive me Leonard Peacock.

7 comments:

  1. I remember when I read that last year. It changes your perspective, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you at Harry's sounds like a really good book, is it really that sad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nate,
    This was an excellent blog post. Honest, well-written, and it makes me want to read the book. On an unrelated note, I think I remember you saying you liked war books. I recommended this to JP and think you might like it too. It is Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand. This is a non-fiction book about the Pacific Front during WWII. It focuses on the story of Louis Zamperini, a world champion runner. Zamperini's plane was shot down over the Pacific Ocean and the book chronicles his extraordinary journey on the open water and subsequent capture by the Japanese. As a warning, there are some graphic parts, violence mainly, that can be disturbing. But it really is an amazing book.


    -K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love of mice and men and a lot of people have suggested this book so I think I will make sure to read it. Also btw I can't believe chelsea lost to everton and so arsenal is now in first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog Nate, your writing really makes me want to read the book. I'll add it to my TBR. Thanks Nate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book is amazing and very sad. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds great. thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete