Friday, January 9, 2015

Week #16: Batman Comics

       This winter break I did not have a ton of time to read with all of the travelling my family did, but I did manage to read a collection of original Batman comics that I was given for Christmas. I have not yet read many comics at all, so this was an interesting and new reading experience for me, that I thoroughly enjoyed. Despite my original notion that superhero comics are always campy and directed a children, I found that there was an incredible emotional core to the comics that I read, and I hope that is also true to the comics that I will surely read in the future.
       Despite my somewhat low expectations for these comics, I really enjoyed them and I believe that they can be enjoyed by anyone with the right mindset towards them.

No comments:

Post a Comment