Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Week #14: The Hobbit (finally, the last blog about The Hobbit)


  For this week's book I continued to The Hobbit for my book group, and I enjoyed it just as much. There is something about the way Tolkien writes that makes this book much more fun to read than other books written in 1950s. The plot is quite simple, and set the tone for countless other adventure books. Bilbo Baggins is a simple and non-adventurous hobbit that lives in Hobbiton, where he lives an easy and wealthy life in is quaint Hobbit-hole. He then is whisked away on an unexpected journey with thirteen Dwarfs and one very powerful wizard. I am sure you have heard the more extensive details of the story, or you can look them up on your own.

   Though this book was written long ago, and has a writing style much different than books from todays world, it is still one of the most fun book experiences that I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment