Monday, October 13, 2014

Week #6: The Maze Runner pt. 1

          Book: The Maze Runner
          Author: James Dashner
          Genre: Young Adult Fiction/Futuristic

The Maze Runner cover.png      This is a very good futuristic book, one that is considered a classic and should be. It follows the story of a young man named Thomas who wakes up in an elevator, lifting him up to an unknown place like the cargo around him. When it finally stops, he finds himself looking up at a group of boys his age. He soon learns that none of the boys know why they are there or what thier lives were like before they came to this place. The strange thing, was that they were in the center of a gigantic maze, with seemingly no way out.
 
        This book is very good, and has a very mysterious, interesting, and adventurous plot (all the qualities of an engaging story). The idea of the whole book is so original yet nearly perfect that it would be impossible to make it an average book in any way. I enjoyed it, and there isn't any content that would make anyone in our class unable to read it, though there are many suspenseful sequences. I highly recommend this book to everyone in our class!

5 comments:

  1. I liked the movie and the book, but you should definitely go see the movie after reading the book first. I totally agree with you, this book does rock...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, very very interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this a few weeks ago and I didn't like it that much, but even though I didn't love the writing i still want to know what happens in the next books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have already read this, it is really good and I think everyone should read it!

    ReplyDelete