Monday, September 15, 2014

Week #3: One Came Home

            Title: One Came Home
            Genre: Young Adult Mystery/Adventure, Western
            Author: Amy Timberlake

            One came home is a refreshingly different young adult book about a girl named Georgie in 1871 Wisconsin. Georgie has two unique skill-sets, one being her sharp-shooting, and the other being able to argue and make points against people she really shouldn't. In one of these instances when she spoke a bit too much led to her sister going missing and turning up as a corpse. Georgie is unbelieving of this and sets out on a Wild West adventure to find out what really happened to her sister.
 
            As I said this is a really refreshing book, and is actually quite fun being that it is set in the Wild West. It was well written and had a very good story (not much inappropriate content) which ended up being a very different and fantastic book. I highly recommend this book for everyone in our class!

           TBR:

  • Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
  • When You Reach Me 
  • Neverwhere
  • The Tipping Point

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really good young adult novel, and judging by your description almost sounds like a western movie :P. Maybe I'll read it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good, so maybe I'll read it before I thought I would. I agree with Rachel, it does kinda sound like a Western movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds awesome I am a huge fan of mystery books so ill have to try this out

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds good. big fan of mystery books. adding it to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete