Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Week 31 Reading

   "Mark Twain Short Stories" by Mark Twain
   This past week, I read a collection of short stories written by Mark Twain, and though some of them were out-dated, they were pretty interesting and I now know what kind of a writer Mark Twain is. In many of them he used analogies and folk tales to tell his stories, which were mainly about everyday people in life, and short-lasting challenges. These were not like SOLs however, most of them ranging in a couple of days in length.
    The stories were not as long as I expected, most of just taking up five-six pages. I thought taking the depth and the lengths of Mark Twain's books into account, that they would be long and dry mini-novels about things that not many people in the day and age can relate to. It was fairly hard to relate to these stories however, because he wrote all of them in his modern day which was the fifties and sixties. These were quite interesting and odd stories from the past, and if you are up for it I would recommend you read these classic, pioneering short stories.

     Happy last blog of the year everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have read some of Mark Twain's books, and they were pretty interesting but not REALLY my type but I might keep this book in mind. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting, I might try to read a bunch of short stories, because I tend to get bored with longer books. I love Mark Twain.

    ReplyDelete