Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 15 Reading

       "Divergent," by Veronica Roth
       I finally decided to keep up with the culture of the class and read this book. I only read half of it, because again my life decided to be crazy and not allow me any time to read this weekend. It definitely lived up to the expectations that everyone has given it, and it hooked me very quickly, but I'm not sure why. Even though most fiction books these days are about teenage girls in a distopian world : ), this seemed to stand out to me.
       It probably wouldn't be necessary to describe what it is about, but anyway, it is about a sixteen-year-old girl who lives in the far future, in a city which is divided into five factions to prevent war. The five factions are Abnegation (selflessness), Candor (honesty), Dauntless (courage), Amity (peace), and Erudite (knowledge). Tris, is in Abnegation, until she is sixteen when she has to choose what faction she will be in for the rest of her life. There is a test to see which one fit each person best, but when she takes it the results are inconclusive. This is called Divergence. She is then told that being Divergent is very dangerous.

       I will continue to read Divergent over the break, and I might start to read Ready Player One.      

3 comments:

  1. It is a good book, and you described it very well... so good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best book in the series, and the other ones suck, no offense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it. Once again, probably not necessary.

    ReplyDelete