Monday, December 30, 2013

Week 16 Reading (Winter Break)

            
           "Divergent" by Veronica Roth, and "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline
            Hello everyone! It’s been a while (for most of you) since I've talked to you. I've been in England/New York for a while, and there hasn't been any Wi-Fi for me to look at the blog with. I've read Divergent and Ready Player One over the break and they were both very good sci-fi books. Let’s start with Divergent- I read this to finally catch up with society. If you read my previous blog about the first half of the book you will find that I really enjoyed this, and it lived up to the expectations that everyone has set for it. The ending is very good, so I will definitely read the following two in the series in time.
             Ready Player one is the book that Kam suggested to us before the break started, and different from Divergent I will probably need to explain this one more. It is set in the future, where a lot of things has gone wrong for the human population. The planet is in the third stage of the great recession, and more than half of the population is without food. War is constant, and the environment is of course screwed up. The only thing for most people that makes life worth living is a Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) named the OASIS. There is a lot of history that goes with the OASIS, but what is important to the plot is that James Halliday (the game’s creator) died. When the died, he left behind his multi-billion dollar fortune and the ownership OASIS game itself, but he did not simply leave it for his relatives (he didn't have any), he created a huge hunt that was filled with puzzles and games that only can be solved by people determined to know everything about Halliday’s life.

             So, after that huge ramble (I apologize), I largely recommend both of these books to anyone that like sci-fi books.         

2 comments:

  1. I just finished reading Divergent 5 minuets ago and it was a great book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love those kind of books, and the Ready Player One sounds really good. I have read Divergent, but I will add the Ready Player One to my tbr list!!

    ReplyDelete