Friday, August 30, 2013

Nate's Profile and Top Three Books

Hi Max's Class,
I normally like to read historical fiction novels or science fiction. I basically like all sorts of fiction (I also like to write it) because I think it is really fun to make up new worlds and see what other worlds people have come up with. Examples of historical fiction books would be books about people at the time of a war or an 'outstanding' event in history. I also think books are cool when you don't know much at all about the surrounding but it focuses on one or a small group of people.

Top Three Books:

  • The Clockwork Three: This is about three kids (12-14 years old) that are forced to work together to find what each of them need in their life.
  • Of Mice and Men: This book is about two friends (George and Lenny) traveling together looking for work.
  • Daniel X: This is a fun read about a teenager with special powers who is an Alien Hunter and protects Earth from extra-terrestrials. 

12 comments:

  1. I tried the
    Clockwork Three but I didn't like it though I would love to try Of Mice and Men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of those books and Of Mice and Men looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. havent read any but Daniel X looks good

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with sloan, that Daniel X looks good. I would also like to read of mice and men

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nate,
    It sounds like you and I have similar book tastes in historical fiction. What are some books in that genre that you particularly enjoy?

    -K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are two about the revolutionary war that I particularly enjoy, they are called "My Brother Sam is Dead" and "Woods Runner." "The Killer Angels is actually not a fiction book but written like one and it is about the battle of Gettysburg.

      Delete
  6. I've heard of the Clockwork Three and I'll probably read it now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nate,
    I also love historical fiction and think I've learned a lot of history just by reading the genre. Have you read "Chains" or "Forge?" I read those a couple of years ago and really liked them. Also, Of Mice and Men is so powerful while being contained in so few pages. An amazing book! The Grapes of Wrath is a good book during a similar time, although a very different story you might enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Of Mice and Men. I have not looked at The Clockwork Three, so I will have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dad's been trying to get me to read Of Mice and Men forever. At least now I have validation that it's good. The Clockwork Three sounds pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all sound like great books! I'll try to put them on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clockwork Three sounds cool, but I think Daniel X sounds like something I would really enjoy. Fantasy and Sci-Fi are usually good.

    ReplyDelete