Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Reading Week #30: Children of Men

    It is the year 2027.
    The last days of the human race.
    No child has been born in 18 years.
    He must protect our only hope.

    This is a book that I read after I saw the film which came out in 2006 and is one of my favorite movies ever. I was immediately hooked by the realism and humanity exhibited in the movie, and I really wanted to read the book that it was based on. I am very happy to say that the book is every bit as striking as the film adaptation, and it is a book that everyone should read one time or another.

    However, this may not be a book that everyone should read. It is incredibly dark (to maintain all the realism of our world falling apart), and there is also a fair amount of adult content in here. I wouldn't recommend this book to everyone in our class right now, but everyone should read it at one time or another.

1 comment:

  1. this book sounds amazing! I like apocalyptic books. thanks for this suggestion.

    ReplyDelete