Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Week #22: One Came Home

            
This school year, I really have not chosen books any differently than any other. There are usually two ways that I choose a book to read for the following week. The first one is I'm sure he most common way among our class, which is a book being recommended by another classmate. The second way is when it is a book that is recommended to me by a family member or freind.
            

            Title: One Came Home
            Genre: Young Adult Mystery/Adventure, Western
            Author: Amy Timberlake

            One came home is a refreshingly different young adult book about a girl named Georgie in 1871 Wisconsin. Georgie has two unique skill-sets, one being her sharp-shooting, and the other being able to argue and make points against people she really shouldn't. In one of these instances when she spoke a bit too much led to her sister going missing and turning up as a corpse. Georgie is unbelieving of this and sets out on a Wild West adventure to find out what really happened to her sister.
  
            As I said this is a really refreshing book, and is actually quite fun being that it is set in the Wild West. It was well written and had a very good story (not much inappropriate content) which ended up being a very different and fantastic book. I highly recommend this book for everyone in our class!

           TBR:

  • Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
  • When You Reach Me 
  • Neverwhere
  • The Tipping Point

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really good book ill add it to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked when you reach me. I also really liked your review of one came home. you described the character well.

    ReplyDelete