Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Week #11: The Hobbit

   This week I read the first few chapters of the Hobbit for my book group. I have already read this book, but it is still just as interesting and exciting. There is something about the way Tolkien writes that makes this book much more fun to read than other books written in 1950s. The plot is quite simple, and set the tone for countless other adventure books. Bilbo Baggins is a simple and non-adventurous hobbit that lives in Hobbiton, where he lives an easy and wealthy live in is quaint Hobbit-hole.
   Though this book was written long ago, and has a writing style much different than books from todays world, it is still one of the most fun book experiences that I have ever had.

1 comment:

  1. I have actually never read the hobbit, and I think I will add it to my to be read list. Tolkien has a good writing style (I read Lord of the Rings). Nice book blog, Nate!

    ReplyDelete